Ever Wondered How To Collect Bee Pollen? – From Hive To Supplement
A lot of people are aware that bee pollen is collected from bees and that it is somehow taken from their apiaries.
But a lot of people would love to know the specifics of how to collect bee pollen, essentially what is the process for getting pollen from the bees, and out of the apiary?
Bee pollen has become one of those amazing supplements that many people the world over have begun to use as a part of their daily diet.
People choose bee pollen supplements over a multivitamin, or other supplements due to bee pollens unique and powerful combinations of vitamins and minerals.
Bee pollen is also incredibly high in protein making it an ideal way of introducing healthy and whole protein into a vegetarian or vegan diet.
Whether you’re just curious or would like to know, how to collect your own bee pollen, then read on as we take a look at how to collect bee pollen from an apiary.
1. When choosing a beehive to collect bee pollen from its crucial for it to contain an established colony. This must include a Queen bee as these are vital for stimulating the gathering behavior of the worker bees.
2. Once you have selected your bee hive you will want to clear the bees using some smoke. Otherwise, gaining access to install a pollen trap would be remarkably difficult.
3. Remove the collection drawer from the front of the bee hive. Now insert the pollen collection tray into the collection drawer, ensuring that it fits snugly and tightly against the side walls.
4. After you have fitted the bee tray into the drawer, it’s time to place the top screen of the bee pollen trap on top of the bee pollen collection tray.
5. Once the trap is installed you will need to visually go over the exterior of the bee hive to ensure that there are no openings other than the collection drawer opening. All other cracks, holes or openings, must be covered or sealed. This is to ensure that the bees only use the right entrance to allow for bee pollen harvesting.
6. As soon as all of the cracks are filled in, and the collection drawer reinserted, you should leave the beehive alone for 24hours, and wait for all of the bees to start returning.
7. Leave the hive along for a day or two, and visit the pollen trap once again to check on the pollen trap. You will want to remove the debris from the top layer the trap before harvesting the bee pollen.
8. Once you have harvested the bee pollen, freshness is essential, and it is vital to freeze what you won’t consume or use within the next couple of days. It is necessary to always freeze what you do not use as the quality of the pollen degrades quickly when not preserved via freezing.
There are two ideal times throughout the year to collect bee pollen, during the spring and once again during fall.
I hope that this article has given you an insight into how to collect bee pollen from a fresh hive before it is sanitized and prepared for shipping.
Featured Bee Pollen Supplement
The purest bee pollen supplement we’ve found comes from New Zealand, and comes with special enzymes infused into the bee pollen for 5 days, to increase the benefit for the digestive track.
Not only that, the bee pollen is collected as described above, freeze dried immediately to preserve the high quality bee pollen.
This process above helps you to achieve natural energy – boost your day time energy, and especially in the late afternoon. Bee pollen also can help you with weight loss. Check out protein powder for weight loss for more weight loss products.
So, if you’re looking for an affordable, and excellent pharmaceutical grade bee pollen supplement, you might want to click here and look into Xtend-Life’s NZ Bee Pollen. The staff here at Bee-Pollen-Diet-Pills.com personally take Xtend-Life products.